Return & Exchanges Due to the uniqueness of the material and the elements specific for each box including width dimensions, stamps, markings, etc. the manufacturer does not accept returns of this product.
The manufacturer warrants each Fontenay flooring product to be free from manufacturer’s defect, and will replace any product that falls below the quality standards set forth below. “Quality” should not be confused with natural imperfections as these are the desirable points of uniqueness in reclaimed products. Upon the discover of a manufacturer’s defect we will strive to replace your investment at our discretion.
Given the nature of how precious the material resources are that we use–reclaimed, one of a kind barrels–once work begins and cuts are made on material for your order we cannot offer refunds.
**FONTENAY FLOORS ARE CONSIDERED “CUSTOM”. THEREFORE ONCE THE CUTTING OF ANY BARREL MATERIAL HAS BEGUN THERE IS NO REFUND AVAILABLE ON THESE PRODUCTS**
Wine Racks America – Terms and Conditions on Fontenay flooring products
1. All products are sold AS IS. Wine Racks America makes no representation or warranty as to the products, express or implied including, but not limited to, warranties for implied for a particular purpose or merchantability. Products may be returned only if the products do not meet the actual specifications stated in the descriptions and/or electronic or telephone conversations between the client and Wine Racks America. No products may be returned if the product has been installed, cut or altered in any way. All defective product(s) must be returned within thirty (30) days of material delivery. Any issue found to be the result of a manufacturing defect will be replaced. Wine Racks America will not be liable for any labor or expense due to removal or replacement of flooring.
2. All products are manufactured from reclaimed/recovered wood, as such product sold with existing paint or stain may have lead-based hazards.
3. Wood is a natural product and will have color variations from board to board, as well as, imperfections including, but not limited to, cracks, knots, wormholes, nail holes, chips, splinters, color variation and mineral deposit streaks. Each plank of wood sands differently and can exhibit significant differences in color and grain pattern. The samples shown are meant to be consistent to the species and specific grade of wood purchased; actual color may vary.
4. Purchaser is aware that Wine Racks America suggests a 10% waste factor on all Fontenay floors. In the event that the ordered quantity is not sufficient and additional lumber becomes necessary to complete a job, a $ 192.00 minimum and (4) weeks lead time will be required. Purchaser is also aware that due to the natural characteristics of wood and the fact that any/all additional orders may be pulled from different batches, Wine Racks America is not responsible for variation in overall characteristics.
5. All Fontenay flooring is reclaimed and will show signs of previous use, including, but not limited to, mortise holes, peg holes, bolt holes, nail holes, and metal. Unless otherwise noted above, Wine Racks America makes no representations and/or warranty regarding the fumigation of the material. Antique reclaimed barrels may vary from specified measurements from up to one inch in either and/or both width and height. Wine Racks America is not liable for the structural integrity of any supplied materials unless otherwise noted in this contract.
6. Purchaser is aware that job site temperature and moisture conditions may adversely effect wood products and therefore purchaser expressly agrees that Wine Racks America shall not be responsible for any expansion, shrinkage, cupping, buckling or other reaction to moisture, or dryness without regard to the size, grade, or previous condition of the material.
7. Wine Racks America takes no responsibility for the installation of the products sold under this contract. Installation is the responsibility of the Customer and any contractor hired by the Customer.
8. Customer understands that any liability of Wine Racks America whether in contract or tort, under any warranty or otherwise, shall not exceed the return of the amount of the purchase price paid by Customer and under no circumstances shall Wine Racks America be liable for special, indirect or consequential damages.
9. These terms and conditions may be amended at any time and from time to time, but any amendment must be in writing and signed by each Party to be bound.
10. This notice contains the entire agreement of the parties relating to the rights granted and obligations assumed in this contract. Any oral representations or modifications concerning this instrument shall be of no force or effect unless contained in a subsequent written modification signed by the party to be charged.
11. This agreement shall be governed, construed, and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, and the Parties submit to the jurisdiction of and venue in the County of Orange in any legal proceeding necessary to interpret or enforce this contract.
12. In any action brought under this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its actual costs and attorney fees pursuant to California Civil Code section 1717 and all other litigation costs, including expert witness fees, and all actual attorney fees and litigation costs incurred in connection with the enforcement of a judgment arising from such action or proceeding.
If you have any questions about Fontenay Flooring, please call one of our friendly specialists at 888.373.6057